[Haskell-cafe] Design for 2010.2.x series Haskell Platform site

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 15:37:45 EDT 2010

The changelog feature would be very useful---dumping repository
history is no substitute for it because it is too low level (contains
too much noise).  Generally, I would expect that whoever makes the
release of a piece of software should be in charge of writing a
summary of what's new since the last release.  In the case of the
Haskell platform I would expect just a highlight of major new things
(e.g., adding/removing new packages, or updates that solve some well
known problem, or add an interesting new feature).

It would be nice to standardize on the format of a CHANGES file: then
hackage could render it nicely, and the HP could automatically compute
a mashup of the CHANGES files for the packages that it distributes.

-Iavor