[Haskell-cafe] OpenSUSE 11.2

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Sun Feb 28 12:10:31 EST 2010

Am Sonntag 28 Februar 2010 17:52:19 schrieb Andrew Coppin:
> It also puts the binary in a strange place, but I guess I can live with
> that...

Which strange place? By default, it should go to ~/.cabal/bin, I think.
Anyway, you should add that to your path, put something like

if [ -z `/bin/echo ${PATH} | /usr/bin/grep cabal` ]
then
    export PATH="/home/andrew/.cabal/bin:$PATH"
fi

in your .bashrc

> Now, hypothetically, I should have a Linux Haskell system, so I can
> actually compile *anything* that's on Hackage.

Not really, you'll need to install external libraries (C stuff, mostly) for
many packages. But it should be a lot easier than on Windows.