[Haskell-cafe] Unix emulation [ANNOUNCE: Sifflet visual programming language, release 1.0!]

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 20 14:23:08 EDT 2010

Henk-Jan van Tuyl wrote:
> Curl compiles without problems on my Windows XP system. There is a
> HaskellWiki page [0] that describes how to compile packages with Unix
> scripts on Windows systems.

I did once try setting up MinGW and MSYS, just to see if I could make it
work. But after many, many hours of trying to comprehend the terse
documentation, I finally gave up. It's just too hard to get it to work.
(I never even got as far as *trying* to build anything; I just couldn't
install the tools.)