[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskellers hate GUIs!!

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 13:11:52 EDT 2010

On 2 April 2010 17:53, Dominic Espinosa <dcespin at fastmail.fm> wrote:

[SNIP]

> I ended up rewriting it in another language (due to time
> pressure) and I'm a little wary of attempting to use Haskell again for
> developing such an application.

Hi Dominic

Out of curiosity what language did you choose instead?

Each time a thread comes up on the Cafe documenting GUI woes, I always
wonder if Python or other languages[*] have such problems and if not
why not.

[*] Obviously Java and C# have benefited from a large industrial
investment so have solved their GUI problems by dollars.

Best wishes

Stephen