[Haskell-cafe] Market Place for Haskell development teams?

Robert Wills wrwills at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 10:54:55 EDT 2009

fwiw I found it difficult getting a Haskell installation onto Windows.
Packages that would 'cabal install' just fine on Linux were much more of
a pain on Windows.  Eventually, I actually found it easiest to cross
compile to Windows using wine:

 wine HaskellPlatform-2009.2.0.2-setup.exe
 wine cabal
 wine cabal install yst

The resulting yst.exe seems to work fine on actual Windows machines.
Quite cool I thought as I prefer to stay in Linux, but if you're
starting from a Windows based development environment, Haskell does seem
problematic.

-Rob