[Haskell-cafe] Market Place for Haskell development teams?

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 11:15:37 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Robert Wills <wrwills at gmail.com> wrote:
> fwiw I found it difficult getting a Haskell installation onto Windows.
>  Packages that would 'cabal install' just fine on Linux were much more of a
> pain on Windows.  Eventually, I actually found it easiest to cross compile
> to Windows using wine:

The only time I have trouble with a Haskell library is when it
requires some foreign library that isn't Windows friendly. HSQL and yi
are two examples I remember from some time ago. However, many
libraries are just fine: HDBC, lhs2tex, hlint, for example.

The Haskell Platform has made this even simpler because I have a
compatible base that I know will work.

Justin