[Haskell-cafe] wxMac/wxHaskell focus problem, a quick solution

Miguel Mitrofanov miguelimo38 at yandex.ru
Thu Oct 29 16:52:08 EDT 2009

>> Isn't that what macosx-app is for?
>

> Maybe, but it's no use if no one knows about it, and I just googled
> it and found this (and only this).
>
> http://darcs.haskell.org/wxhaskell/bin/macosx-app-template
>
> It's not in the documentation that came with my download of wxcore
> either. Hardly a great help to a newbie, like myself - is there any
> documentation? Is it a bash script or should I just guess and hope?
> Oh, sorry, I see it's in the unfindable wiki page! ;-)

MigMit$ /usr/local/wxhaskell/bin/macosx-app --help
usage:
   macosx-app [options] <program (a.out)>

   --help | -?         show this information
   --verbose | -v      be verbose

Seems like it just works. Of course, I agree that it's a bit hard to
find, but it's here without installing any third-party scripts.

> Add to that, what I've done can be used generally, not just for
> wxHaskell (or even Haskell).

Seems like the same applies to macosx-app.

> Open up XCode and there are a lot of different types of projects to
> choose from, and then you have to know how to use the IDE. This is
> just a quick project set up for anything you want to do that is
> straightforward.

So... Does it mean that you LIKE programming in XCode, even when using
Haskell? Wow.