[Haskell-cafe] wxMac/wxHaskell focus problem, a quick solution

Iain Barnett iainspeed at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 16:00:40 EDT 2009

On 29 Oct 2009, at 15:41, Gregory Crosswhite wrote:
> You don't have to turn a program into an application in order to
> make the GUI work

This is true, but I don't think it's better to import extra code
where simple packaging (folders and a plist), which is actually very
convenient, can do the job.

On 29 Oct 2009, at 15:16, Miguel Mitrofanov wrote:

> Isn't that what macosx-app is for?

Maybe, but it's no use if no one knows about it, and I just googled
it and found this (and only this).

http://darcs.haskell.org/wxhaskell/bin/macosx-app-template

It's not in the documentation that came with my download of wxcore
either. Hardly a great help to a newbie, like myself - is there any
documentation? Is it a bash script or should I just guess and hope?
Oh, sorry, I see it's in the unfindable wiki page! ;-)

In contrast to both of these methods, my script is easy, quick, and
doesn't rely on memory - just go to the OSX Applescript menu! It's
less code (it doesn't even touch the code) and less work, just run an
applescript and keep everything neat.

Add to that, what I've done can be used generally, not just for
wxHaskell (or even Haskell). Open up XCode and there are a lot of
different types of projects to choose from, and then you have to know
how to use the IDE. This is just a quick project set up for anything
you want to do that is straightforward.

Iain