[Haskell-cafe] Re: Libraries for Commercial Users

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Thu Oct 8 14:11:57 EDT 2009

The IHG (http://industry.haskell.org/) has funded about 6 months worth
of development so far. You can see the status report here:

    http://industry.haskell.org/status

Dynamic libraries, GMP-less GHC, and efficient Cabal, all appearing in
the GHC 6.12.

The IHG is designed as a mechanism whereby commerical users can ensure
the toolchain they depend on is around for the long haul, or kick
towards key features that would enable them to use Haskell in new ways.

I think it is the best mechanism we have for commerical users to work on
shared infrastructure -- stuff that benefits us all.

john: