[Haskell-cafe] Re: Libraries for Commercial Users

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Thu Oct 8 14:08:05 EDT 2009

Some of these are not ready for production use; e.g.: RESTng: "RESTng
is still experimental and incomplete". It has no documentation and
doesn't even compile. Sadly typical.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing. I'd switch to Haskell in a
commercial setting if there were more good libraries, yet the act of
switching would lead to the production of more good libraries. The
latter, though, is cost-prohibitive, given all the components that
would need to be developed. A few years from now, or post Haskell-on-
JVM, I might be singing a different tune.

I do greatly admire the work you and your company have done for Haskell.

What has the Industrial Haskell group done so far? I haven't seen any
announcements. The work I'd be most interested in helping co-sponsor
is Haskell on JVM (biggest bang for the buck).

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-Brain, Inc.
The Evolution of Collaboration