[Haskell-cafe] Design Patterns by Gamma or equivalent

Sean Leather leather at cs.uu.nl
Wed Mar 11 07:48:13 EDT 2009

Hi Mark,

Because Haskell is not OO, it is functional, I was wondering if there is
> some kind of analogous “design pattern”/”template” type concept that
> describe commonly used functions that can be “factored out” in a general
> sense to provide the same kind of usefulness that Design Patterns do for
> OOP. Basically I’m asking if there are any kinds of “common denominator”
>  function compositions that are used again and again to solve problems. If
> so, what are they called?

Look at Jeremy Gibbons' publications. All of the ones that have "pattern" or
"origami" in the title describe design patterns in Haskell. Some of them
relate to the translation of Gang-of-Four patterns.

  http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/people/publications/date/Jeremy.Gibbons.html

Regards,
Sean