[Haskell-cafe] ThreadScope: Request for features for the performance tuning of parallel and concurrent Haskell programs

Satnam Singh satnams at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 11 09:24:47 EDT 2009

Donnie Jones, Simon Marlow and I have been working on infrastructure for logging run-time events and a graphical viewer program called ThreadScope. Hopefully these features will make it into the next release of GHC. We hope the event-log viewer ThreadScope will be useful for the performance tuning of parallel and concurrent Haskell programs. You can see a few screen shots at the program's website http://raintown.org/threadscope

Before making the release I thought it would be an idea to ask people what other features people would find useful or performance tuning. So if you have any suggestions please do let us know!

Cheers,

Satnam Singh

________________________________
Satnam Singh