[Haskell-cafe] Slow documentation generation on Hackage

Thomas ten Cate ttencate at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 07:28:16 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 11:05, Niemeijer, R.A.<r.a.niemeijer at tue.nl> wrote:
> which, face it, is going to be all of them; I doubt Haskell
> is popular enough yet to be the target of DoS attacks

Second that. I think this is a good case in which some security should
be traded in for usability. And even if a DoS attack occurs, it just
causes some downtime... not unlike the certain hours of downtime that
the documentation currently has.

If there's actually an exploitable leak in Haddock that allows the
server to be compromised (not just DoSed), then the current Haddock
generation is just as vulnerable.

But of course I'm not the maintainers of Hackage... it's up to them to decide.

Thomas