[Haskell-cafe] Re: speed: ghc vs gcc

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 19:43:49 EST 2009

Hello Isaac,

Saturday, February 21, 2009, 3:28:31 AM, you wrote:

> When did you look - six months ago? a year ago? 3 years ago?

ah, again this argument. two weeks ago Don said that ghc changed a lot
in 2 years, now when we see that there is no difference, he says that
those loop optimizer is somewhere noone know where. now i should look
into new set of tests just because everyone else believe that ghc is
shiny. please look yourself, i will continue to say about testset i
have seen when 6.6 arrived

>> most of these tests depends on libraries speed
> Most?
> 2 of 12 strongly depend on libraries because PCRE and GMP are explicitly allowed.

*were* depending on libs speed. in particular, haskell's triumph -
multithreading tests, chameneos or so

>> in one test, PHP is 1st
> I don't believe that has ever been true - which test?

large regexps one

> Please note that "sum-file" has not been included since autumn 2008.

ok

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com