[Haskell-cafe] Elegant & powerful replacement for CSS

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:23:53 EST 2009

Isn't CSS about giving a "style" to the "views" in the model-view-controller
paradigm? So basically it is a way to change the look of a user interface,
without having to change the user interface definition itself.
But isn't this just an environment monad that has functions to convert a
model into a view (= geometry = render function + picking function)? Plugin
a different environment and voila, the widgets are painted and maybe even
layed differently, but you don't have to change any code or data....

Of course what a  "model" really is, is not fully clear:
http://blogs.msdn.com/johngossman/archive/2005/10/08/478683.aspx