[Haskell-cafe] Elegant & powerful replacement for CSS

Alistair Bayley alistair at abayley.org
Tue Feb 3 16:08:38 EST 2009

2009/2/3 Peter Verswyvelen <bugfact at gmail.com>:
> Isn't CSS about giving a "style" to the "views" in the model-view-controller
> paradigm? So basically it is a way to change the look of a user interface,
> without having to change the user interface definition itself.

In theory CSS separates content from presentation. In reality it looks
like it isn't really powerful enough. Serendipitously, this rant
popped up on reddit recently:
http://www.flownet.com/ron/css-rant.html

the order of elements in the content.

We have CleverCSS: a little less ambitious than Conal and Jeff
imagined, I think, but still an improvement over raw CSS:
http://sandbox.pocoo.org/clevercss-hs/

Alistair