[Haskell-cafe] Elegant & powerful replacement for CSS

Jeff Heard jefferson.r.heard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:50:44 EST 2009

Similarly, I've been wondering what's at the core of a GUI?  It seems
in recent years that more people have been moving towards web-based
applications, and away from traditional GUIs, so the meaning of them
may be changing.  The old question seemed to be Page vs.
Control-Board, but that seems like implementation, when the real
essence of a GUI is taking in common kinds of user input and
displaying output in a sensible way.  Similarly, there are more ways
to interact with a computer than ever before, from simple keyboard up
through multitouch interfaces like the iPhone.  It would be cool to me
to see a semantic model that captures this.