[Haskell-cafe] Upgraded to GHC 6.12 and can't find anything

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Mon Dec 28 18:02:03 EST 2009

On Monday 28 December 2009 21:06:20 Gregory Propf wrote:
> Ok, I'm trying to build the haskell platform but getting this.  Anyone know
> what the problem is?  As far as I know I have all the development libs for
> OpenGL.  I'm not sure what this means.  I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 on a 64bit
> dual core AMD.

I had the same problem with Debian Lenny on a 32-bit 2x quadcore Opteron:

  http://groups.google.com/group/fa.haskell/msg/34ee76bed380438d

I found that installing the binary Debian packages (from Sid) haskell-platform
and ghc6, and then installing ghc 6.12 from source fixed 6.10. Now I seem to
be able to compile with 6.10 and programs run without segfaulting (but not
6.8 or 6.12). I never managed to get cabal to work though...

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e