[Haskell-cafe] Upgraded to GHC 6.12 and can't find anything

Tom Hawkins tomahawkins at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 18:43:07 EST 2009

Jon,

I haven't tried GHC 6.12 or the Haskell Platform yet, but here is our
standard install procedure for our company, which has worked
consistently for us since GHC 6.8 (we use ubuntu 9.04 32-bit):

- Add ~/.ghc/bin and ~/.cabal/bin to PATH.

- Download and extract latest ghc.  Then from directory:
  $ configure --prefix=$HOME/.ghc && make install

- Download and extract cabal-install from hackage.  Then from directory:
  $ ./bootstrap.sh

- Update cabal package database:
  $ cabal update

- Install required libs and tools:
  $ cabal install darcs atom ...

When we upgrade GHC, we typically nuke ~/.cabal and ~/.ghc and start
over.  The whole process usually only takes about 20 minutes.

-Tom