[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Hemkay, the 100% Haskell MOD player

Patai Gergely patai_gergely at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 17 17:41:49 EST 2009

>   The most complicated I tried was to import OctaMED printout to Haskore:
>    http://darcs.haskell.org/haskore/src/Haskore/Interface/MED/Text.hs
>    http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/haskore/0.1/doc/html/Haskore-Interface-MED-Text.html
Oh, I'll have to try that too!

> I have a function for mixing sounds at different (relative) start times.
> I feel that it does not get maximum speed in GHC, but is still ready for
> realtime application.
>    http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/synthesizer-core/0.2.1/doc/html/Synthesizer-Storable-Cut.html#v%3Aarrange
And how can you mix that with changing frequencies (effectively
resampling on the fly)?

By the way, the latest code I have in my hands typically uses 2-3% CPU
time on my machine (Core 2 Duo at 2 GHz), which is okay for now, but I
think going at least ten times as fast is a realistic goal.

Gergely

                          or over the web