[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Hemkay, the 100% Haskell MOD player

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Dec 18 11:07:04 EST 2009

Patai Gergely schrieb:

>> I have a function for mixing sounds at different (relative) start times.
>> I feel that it does not get maximum speed in GHC, but is still ready for
>> realtime application.
>>    http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/synthesizer-core/0.2.1/doc/html/Synthesizer-Storable-Cut.html#v%3Aarrange
> And how can you mix that with changing frequencies (effectively
> resampling on the fly)?

I would do resampling (with some of the Interpolation routines) and
mixing in two steps, that is I would prepare (lazy) storable vectors
with the resampled sounds and mix them. Since Haskell is lazy, this is
still somehow "on the fly", although one could still wish to eliminate
the interim storable vectors.