[Haskell-cafe] Takusen ODBC - MS Access

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Mon Aug 31 15:27:45 EDT 2009

Hi all,

recently I had problems getting Takusen ODBC to work with MS-Access on
Win32.

It seems, that the problems originated from Takusens UTF8 code, the path
of the Access Database contains an Umlaut. This even causes problems when
one does not specify a connection String but merely a DSN, no further
problems occured when I moved the Access file directly to C:\.

I also could not get takusen to work with MS Text / CSV ODBC driver,
irregardless of Umlauts, the exception was about some optional feature not
implemented (on MS's ODBC site).

Could anyone suggest a work around?

I notice that when you're a haskeller on Win32 *and* German (the Umlauts),
things become a bit more difficult than for the English / linux haskellers.

Günther