[Haskell-cafe] Takusen - is anyone currently using it on Win32 - ODBC?

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Mon Aug 31 15:05:07 EDT 2009

Hi Anton,

well the problem isn't really accessing the data as such, it's quite easy
to use HDBC.ODBC for instance to read in the data in a very comfortable
way.

I was explicitly asking for Takusen because it make certain guarantees
regarding resources, memory consumption and such.

One of the files for instance has 298 k lines. A glance over sushi
revealed that parsec is involved so I can only presume it is read into
memory all at once. That would certainly be a problem.

Thanks,

Günther