[Haskell-cafe] funct.prog. vs logic prog., practical Haskell

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 09:03:14 EDT 2009

Have you considered say proposing a class on theorem proving that uses coq?
www.*coq*.inria.fr <http://www.coq.inria.fr> . Such a class would entail
teaching how to program using the coq term language, which is itself a pure
functional language, albeit one with some restrictions related to everything
impure. As a matter of course in such a class you would naturally also
mention that there are languages such as haskell which lack such
restrictions/ have clever ways around them.

-Carter