[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell and Java

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Wed Sep 10 21:19:27 EDT 2008

Mauricio wrote:
> > Sorry about this. I hit a critical mass of darcs conflicts (I look
> > forward to giving git a try) around the same time I got really busy at
> > work. I've been meaning to get back into it (and update it to GHC HEAD)
> > but I haven't received sufficient nagging yet. Please yell if you're
> > interested in LambdaVM. At the very least I should be able to help get
> > whatever is in darcs compiling.
>
> Would it allow allow Haskell to also call Java code,
> besides running in JVM?
>
> I think I'm not enough to nag you alone.

If you're looking for more people to nag you... I'm working on a
compiler for a new declarative language. Right now we're using Haskell
for a proof-of-concept interpreter, though one of the near-term goals
for the compiler itself is a Java FFI/backend. Since much of the
language is in the runtime engine, it'd be a shame to have to rewrite it
all in Java or deal with the horror of JNI.

--
Live well,
~wren