[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell and Java

Mauricio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 09:30:20 EDT 2008

>> > Sorry about this. I hit a critical mass of darcs conflicts (I look
>> > forward to giving git a try) around the same time I got really busy at
>> > work. I've been meaning to get back into it (and update it to GHC HEAD)
>> > but I haven't received sufficient nagging yet. Please yell if you're
>> > interested in LambdaVM. At the very least I should be able to help get
>> > whatever is in darcs compiling.
>>
>> Would it allow allow Haskell to also call Java code,
>> besides running in JVM?
>>
>> I think I'm not enough to nag you alone.
>

> If you're looking for more people to nag you... I'm working on a
> compiler for a new declarative language. Right now we're using Haskell
> for a proof-of-concept interpreter, though one of the near-term goals
> for the compiler itself is a Java FFI/backend. Since much of the
> language is in the runtime engine, it'd be a shame to have to rewrite it
> all in Java or deal with the horror of JNI.

We can use this page, already pointed
on this thread:

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Applications_and_libraries/Interfacing_other_languages#Java

We could add something like "if you want something
working regarding the interaction between Haskell
and Java, please nag Brian Alliet at brian at ..."

Best,
Maurício