[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell and Java

Mauricio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 20:50:36 EDT 2008

>> There used to be.
>> http://www.cs.rit.edu/~bja8464/lambdavm/
>> (Last darcs change log entry:
>> Sun Oct 21 03:05:20 CEST 2007  Brian Alliet <bja8464 at cs.rit.edu>
>>   * fix build for hsjava change
>> )
>
> Sorry about this. I hit a critical mass of darcs conflicts (I look
> forward to giving git a try) around the same time I got really busy at
> work. I've been meaning to get back into it (and update it to GHC HEAD)
> but I haven't received sufficient nagging yet. Please yell if you're
> interested in LambdaVM. At the very least I should be able to help get
> whatever is in darcs compiling.

Would it allow allow Haskell to also call Java code,
besides running in JVM?

I think I'm not enough to nag you alone. However,
anybody who allows a Haskell programmer to avoid
using other languages can be sure to have brought a
lot of happiness to this sad world. If you can do it,
I don't know how you can resist :)

Best,
Maurício