[Haskell-cafe] HDBC Oracle bindings(?/!)

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Oct 30 10:46:21 EDT 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Thiago Arrais wrote:

> Are there Oracle bindings for HDBC anywhere? The HDBC project page talks about
> Oracle backends but there isn't an Oracle-specific driver listed (I assume one
> can reach an Oracle backend through the ODBC interface?).
>
> I started writing Oracle bindings for HDBC based on the Takusen code. It was
> done mostly for playing than for anything else and certainly isn't production
> ready, but it is available in a darcs repo at
> http://thiagoarrais.com/repos/hdbc-oracle in case anyone is interested.

I've also tried to access Oracle from Haskell a few months ago. I could
connect from Takusen, HSQL/Oracle, but I had no success getting ODBC to
run with the Oracle Instant Client, and thus could not use HDBC.
Eventually I was told to use the latest version of the Instant Client
(i.e. 11), but didn't try.

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2008-June/044507.html