[Haskell-cafe] Re: Libraries in home dir

Mauricio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 14:14:34 EDT 2008

>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to use a few libraries from hackage
>> and have already download and built them. Can
>> I install those libraries somewhere in my
>> home dir (...)

> $ cabal instsll xmonad
>
> Does exactly that by default. No other flags are required.
> (...)

Nice. Thanks for all tips. Reading them I understood
defaultMain works like usual 'configure' scripts, and
tried Setup.hs --help, and found the full documentation
I needed.

About cabal: the fact that the last versions of packages
are not available in the pointed place mean I should
not use cabal? For instance, utf8-string is using github.com
instead of the darcs page pointed in its hackage page. Does
that mean the package available in hackage is not the one
I should use?

Thanks,
Maurício