[Haskell-cafe] Re: Libraries in home dir

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 9 14:39:47 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 15:14 -0300, Mauricio wrote:

> About cabal: the fact that the last versions of packages
> are not available in the pointed place mean I should
> not use cabal? For instance, utf8-string is using github.com
> instead of the darcs page pointed in its hackage page. Does
> that mean the package available in hackage is not the one
> I should use?

Hackage is for released packages.

If you want to use the development version instead then you do have to
find where that is hosted, which can be less clear at times (though as
of Cabal-1.6 packages can specify a link to darcs/git repos).

If the homepage for a package is wrong you can contact the maintainer.

Duncan