[Haskell-cafe] Terminating GLUT/GLFW programs

hjgtuyl at chello.nl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Sun Mar 23 18:36:41 EDT 2008

I am trying GLUT and GLFW (on Windows XP, with GHC 6.8.2); the sample
programs do not terminate when I close the window by clicking on the cross
in the upper right corner of the window.

The sample program for GLUT is at
the GLFW program:

I tried in the GLUT program:
   close = exitWith ExitSuccess

   closeCallback $= Just close     -- => User error (unknown GLUT call
getCloseFunc, check for freeglut)

this needs freeglut (not documented); I downloaded freeglut.dll and placed
it in the windows\system32 directory. The error message remained.

What is needed to let these programs terminate properly?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl