[Haskell-cafe] Lambda and closures in PHP -- could someone please comment?

Janis Voigtlaender voigt at tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Jun 18 09:09:12 EDT 2008

PR Stanley wrote:

>>> With respect, do you not think it'd be wiser for the community
>>

>> [snip]
>>
>> *disgusted*
>>
>> This is exactly the sort of message that haskell-cafe does not
>> normally contain. Let's not start now.
>>
>> This is a civilized mailing list. Either comment on the nice
>> gentlemen's PHP closure proposal from a language point of view, or
>> don't say anything.
>
> Paul: Uncivilised you say. Well, I would have thought the civilised
> thing would be to share your concerns discretely with the list
> moderator.

Hmm, I wonder who exactly this "list moderator" is supposed to be. We
are usually adult enough around here to not need someone to look after
us. I think Jules was well entitled to raise his objections about the
tone of your email in public.

> Instead you've chosen to make a public show of it.
> The Chinese have a saying, and I paraphrase - when you point the finger
> of accusation at someone/something you have three pointing back at
> yourself.

Well, at least not this finger...

--
Dr. Janis Voigtlaender