[Haskell-cafe] anybody can tell me the pronuncation of "haskell"?

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
Mon Jan 28 20:20:24 EST 2008

Tim Chevalier writes:

> "Haskell", stress on the first syllable; the first syllable is like
> the word "has" and the second syllable is pronounced with a schwa
> where the "e" is written.
>
> Sometimes you will hear people stress the second syllable, but that is
> not Preferred.

==

Well, unless you are French. Then you don't pronounce "H". The remaining
letters are pronounced according to the Règlements de l'Académie.
On the other hand, the name "Chevalier" is pronounced as it should be.

But, on the other hand, if you are Italian, you should take into account
that no word may terminate on a consonant, so you have to add another
schwa, or a Sicilian Variant of that at the end.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk (pronounced as written)