[Haskell-cafe] anybody can tell me the pronuncation of "haskell"?

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 20:25:42 EST 2008

On 1/28/08, jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
<jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr> wrote:
> Well, unless you are French. Then you don't pronounce "H". The remaining
> letters are pronounced according to the Règlements de l'Académie.

Fair enough. I wouldn't want to be culturally insensitive, and should
have said that my statement was only directed at people who were
speaking some dialect of English.

> On the other hand, the name "Chevalier" is pronounced as it should be.

I can pronounce my own name better than more or less any other
American, but -- sadly -- quite a bit worse than anyone who actually
grew up speaking French.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://cs.pdx.edu/~tjc * Often in error, never in doubt
"Now I'm trying to get back to what I know that I should be / hoping