[Haskell-cafe] Building "production stable" software in Haskell

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 12:26:05 EDT 2007

Hi

> > They are less stable and have less quality control.
>
> Surely you jest? I see no evidence of this, rather the contrary in fact.

No, dead serious. The libraries have a library submission process.

Compare me changing my tagsoup library, to me changing my filepath
library which comes bundled with GHC. I can do anything I want to the
tagsoup library, but I need to wait at least 2 weeks and get general
consensus before changing filepath.

Also some libraries on hackage are "0.1" etc - even the author doesn't
particularly think they are stable!

Thanks

Neil