[Haskell-cafe] More problems [Tetris]

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 22 14:22:01 EST 2007

Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 9:26:45 PM, you wrote:
>

>> Hackage. ;-) But, alas, no. That doesn't work either. The reason? Well,
>> apparently Cabal can't find "sh".
>>

> cabal by itself doesn't need sh. it's either required by library
> installation or it as just information message

Cabal doesn't give me this message for other packages, so presumably
something about GLUT makes Cabal think that sh is necessary.

> i agree. haskell world today is something like unix world 10 years ago.
> it attracts qualified people which step-by-step makes this world more
> attractive for "casual users". but we are in the middle of the long road

OK, so we agree a problem exists. Now, what can we do to solve it? :-)

My first question would be:

- Is there a viable alternative to sh scripts for installing packages?

If there is, it would seem it's just an issue of getting everybody to
migrate to it. If there isn't, it looks like we need to make one...