[Haskell-cafe] Searched for mdo on haskell.org. Found nothing.

Richard Kelsall r.kelsall at millstream.com
Thu Nov 22 10:41:34 EST 2007

Mads Lindstrøm wrote:
>> Did I do something wrong when searching haskell.org?
> Properly not. I think the problem is that haskell.org do not index
> words, that have length <= 3. MediaWiki (which I think haskell.org uses)
> do not by default index short words (length <= 3 or length <= 4 - can't
> remember which).
>
> If you search for yhc you also get zero results, which does not make
> sense either.

Yes, it does look like MediaWiki and so I guess from the number of
configuration options (if this is the right software)

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Configuration_settings

there ought to be some clever setting somewhere rather than it needing
any programming. Maybe the full search has been switched off to save
resources? Experimenting with the search it seems to miss some longer
words too, but I can't see a pattern to it.

Richard.