[Haskell-cafe] Searched for mdo on haskell.org. Found nothing.

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 22 09:23:22 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 13:23 +0000, Richard Kelsall wrote:
> I was reading the 'Problems with do notation' thread and Thomas
> Schilling suggested reading about mdo. Not knowing mdo I thought
> that sounds interesting and went to

Gah, I was too lazy to add the proper references:

 "A Recursive do for Haskell" by Erkök and Launchbury
  http://www.cse.ogi.edu/PacSoft/projects/rmb/recdo.pdf

 "A Recursive do for Haskell: Design and Implementation"
 by Erkök and Launchbury
  http://www.cse.ogi.edu/PacSoft/projects/rmb/mdo.pdf

And here's a nice use case for it:

  "Assembly: Circular Programming with Recursive do" by O'Connor
  http://www.haskell.org/sitewiki/images/1/14/TMR-Issue6.pdf