[Haskell-cafe] Searched for mdo on haskell.org. Found nothing.

Mads Lindstrøm mads_lindstroem at yahoo.dk
Thu Nov 22 08:46:46 EST 2007

Hi All

Richard Kelsall wrote:
> I was reading the 'Problems with do notation' thread and Thomas
> Schilling suggested reading about mdo. Not knowing mdo I thought
> that sounds interesting and went to
>
> http://haskell.org/
>
> which redirects you to
>
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell
>
> and gives you a search box. Typing mdo and clicking the Search
> button gives
>
> "Showing below 0 results starting with #1.
> No page title matches
> No page text matches
> Note: unsuccessful searches are often caused by searching for common
> words like "have" and "from", which are not indexed, or by specifying
> more than one search term (only pages containing all of the search
> terms will appear in the result)."
>
> Maybe mdo is too common to be indexed?
>
> So I went to Google and searched for Haskell mdo and top of the
> list is this page :
>
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/syntax-extns.html
>
> which is Chapter 8. GHC Language Features 8.3. Syntactic extensions
> which describes mdo.
>
> Did I do something wrong when searching haskell.org?
Properly not. I think the problem is that haskell.org do not index
words, that have length <= 3. MediaWiki (which I think haskell.org uses)
do not by default index short words (length <= 3 or length <= 4 - can't
remember which).

If you search for yhc you also get zero results, which does not make
sense either.

Greetings,

Mads Lindstrøm