[Haskell-cafe] ANN: FileManip 0.1, an expressive file manipulationlibrary

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Fri Nov 9 00:48:34 EST 2007

Claus Reinke wrote:

> the somewhat pained tone of that email was because this was a library
> i might have liked to use, hindered by two all too typical issues.

To resurrect an old thread, version 0.3.1 is now BSD3-licensed, for your
hacking pleasure, and updated to work with GHC 6.8.1.

> portability is another matter,  [...]

Unfortunately, the portable System.Directory API is fairly crippled.  I
gather there's a unix-compat package for Windows now, which might get
you closer to a usable API.  If you find that you can get the two
working happily, please send a patch or two.  (Unfortunately, I don't
have time to hack Haskell on Windows myself.)

Thanks,

	<b