[Haskell-cafe] Disable echo in POSIX terminal

Taylor Venable taylor at metasyntax.net
Fri Nov 9 10:59:26 EST 2007

Hello all,

I've written a little Haskell program to get information from a MySQL
database (great thanks to anybody reading this who works on HSQL, by
the way) but I want to keep the user's password concealed, obviously.
Currently I prompt for it from the terminal, but the problem is that
it's echoed just like all other input.  I would like to disable input
echo when asking for the password, but I'm not sure how.  I notice
there's a System.POSIX.Terminal module, but I have no idea how to use
it, or whether it will do what I want.  Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Best regards.

--
Taylor Venable