[Haskell-cafe] Useful IDE features -

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Tue Jun 19 19:27:56 EDT 2007

> That looks nice, just unfortunate you need to cast to ::Float in homer2?Age::Float. I don't see
> why this is needed, but I must say I don't understand your code completely yet, working on that :)

that annotation is not needed if you keep the functional dependency
(which just states that record type and field label type together uniquely
 determine the field value type)

>>class Has field value record | field record -> value where
>>    (?)  :: record -> field -> value
>>    (<:) :: (field,value) -> record -> record

> Also, wouldn't this approach be less performant? Or is GHC that good that ist compiles away all
> the overhead?

in principle, there is no need for this to be less performant.
in practice, overloading introduces overhead that might hamper
performance.

claus