[Haskell-cafe] Useful IDE features -

peterv bf3 at telenet.be
Wed Jun 20 12:19:17 EDT 2007

> (which just states that record type and field label type together uniquely
determine the field value type)

That's nice. When will a new Haskell standard become official? It seems so
many new extensions exist, that one cannot judge the language by looking at
"Haskell98" anymore.

> in practice, overloading introduces overhead that might hamper
performance.

You mean overloading in general, so using type classes? Is this comparable
to the Java/C#/C++ overhead with virtual methods, so one extra level of
indirection before the function gets called? Or is it much worse?