[Haskell-cafe] GHC 6.6.1: Where is Graphics.SOE ?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jul 22 20:10:27 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 13:47 +0400, Dmitri O.Kondratiev wrote:

> Oliver, thanks!
> I tried that, yet have some problems.
>

> Questions:
> 1) Should I ignore autoreconf errors?

I've never managed to get autoconf working on windows. I always generate
a tarball under linux and build that on Windows.

> 2) I thought that building Gtk2hs is done with GHC only. Is it right
> that build requires C compiler?

Yes, it does need a C compiler, but mingw has one so that's ok.

> 3) Any other ideas what is wrong with this build?

Almost certainly the autoconf problem messed things up.

It's sadly not all that easy to build from source on Windows, much
easier to use a pre-built version:

http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/gtk2hs-0.9.11.3.exe

The final 0.9.12 will be announced soon and of course that final version
will be announced and linked from the Gtk2Hs website.

If you really want to build from source on Windows I can give you more
detailed instructions, and I should probably update the FAQ on this
issue too:
http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/archives/2005/06/24/building-from-source-on-windows/

I've also got some semi-automated win32 build scripts:
http://darcs.haskell.org/gtk2hs/tools/win32/

and also Gtk+ SDK bundles:
http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/win32/

Duncan