[Haskell-cafe] Maintaining the community

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Fri Jul 13 10:07:25 EDT 2007

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> How do people feel about allowing posts in -cafe to be placed on the
> wiki, without extensive prior negotiation? What copyright do -cafe@
> posts have?

Currently, snagging the whole post for non-archive purposes isn't
necessarily legit.

> If there was a rough consensus that this is ok, we could probably get a
> lot more material directly on the wiki, since I for one would act first,
> putting some interesting Clause Reinke posts there semi-verbatim, rather
> than pondering whether to write an email to the author to seek
> permission, or cojole them into doing it.

General "is it okay if I put your interesting stuff up?" permission works.

So does linking to existing archives.

flippa at flippac.org

There is no magic bullet. There are, however, plenty of bullets that
magically home in on feet when not used in exactly the right circumstances.