[Haskell-cafe] Re: Too many packages on hackage? :-)

Ketil Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Mon Jul 9 02:42:43 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 10:30 +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> Another idea I've been pondering is allowing people to add links to
> documentation for libraries

My main worry about Hackage is that it is often hard to tell the current
status of packages - it could easily develop into a huge list of mostly
dead projects.

The current deliverables seem to consist of a tar file and a package
description, neither of them accurately dated.  I'd like to see links to
project home pages, darcs (devel) repositories, and email address of
maintainers.  I'd also like browsable README and ChangeLog or similar.
And what about a darcs-graph plot?

-k