[Haskell-cafe] Clearly, Haskell is ill-founded

Daniel McAllansmith dm.maillists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 02:15:05 EDT 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 17:42, Thomas Conway wrote:
> I don't know if you saw the following linked off /.
>
> http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/13339/53/
>
> An amazon link for the book is here:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Computer-Science-Reconsidered-Invocation-Expression/d
>p/0471798142
>
> The basic claim appears to be that discrete mathematics is a bad
> foundation for computer science. I suspect the subscribers to this
> list would beg to disagree.

I wouldn't want to comment on the validity of his claim, maybe he's wrong, or
maybe he's... well, anyway... what I will say is I got a chuckle out of
the 'Citations' that Amazon lists.

I especially like it that Mr. Fant's book is apparently cited in 'The
Essential Guide to Psychiatric Drugs: Includes The Most Recent Information
On: Antidepressants, Tranquilizers and Antianxiety Drugs,
Antipsychotics, ...'

I shudder to think of the creative processes involved in the creation of the
book.