[Haskell-cafe] Is Haskell well-founded? was: Clearly, Haskell is ill-founded

Pasqualino 'Titto' Assini tittoassini at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 06:05:14 EDT 2007

Doesn't Haskell already implement the 3-valued logic (True, False, NULL), that
Karl Fant proposes (see papers at
http://www.theseusresearch.com/invocation%20model.htm) as an alternative to
centralised clock-based coordination, by postulating that every data type
includes the bottom value?

I like his concept that:

"concurrency is simple and primitive and sequentiality is a complex and risky
derivative of concurrency."

Can someone remind me why, in a language like Haskell that is referentially
transparent and therefore inherently 'concurrent', we need explicit
concurrency (threads, etc.) ?

    titto