[Haskell-cafe] HaskellForge?

tphyahoo tphyahoo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 07:42:14 EST 2007

I think people want something like CPAN. This implies a centralized
"official" repository, somewhere that isn't going to go away, ever, because
too many people would scream. It should probably be mirrored, too, like with
cpan.

Maybe darcs.haskell.org is ok for this roll already. Not sure. (Still a
haskell nube.)

Cheapo repo hosting is for projects where the owners don't feel secure
enough, or don't want the responsibility, of committing to the "official"
repo.

Committing to the social repo gets you status, but it's work too because of
maintenance, bug reports, etc. So, like with cpan, some will, some won't.

Module chasing should carry on in the context of that repo. External
dependency chasing -- like you need to install some c library... well, I'm
not sure.

Right everyone?