[Haskell-cafe] What's wrong with "cgi-undecidable"?

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sat Feb 10 03:15:42 EST 2007

haskell:
> <keepbal at gmail.com> said:
>
> > Then another problem,after I unregistered cgi-2006.9.6,the
> > fastcgi-2006.10.9could't work well with
> > cgi-1.0 .
>
> You might need fastcgi-1.0:
>
> http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~bringert/darcs/haskell-fastcgi
>
> > Actually,I was trying my best to install hope:
> > http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~bringert/darcs/hope  and lasted for three
> > days,
> > it's really too hard.

hope really is rather hard to install. You're best 'hope' is to get
packages from hackage that match version numbers you're after:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html

And then anything else from darcs. hope is really the pathological case
for dependencies at the moment. Perhaps shapr or Bjorn can comment on the
issues involed?

We hope to be able to solve the hope (and other complex package)
problems with cabal-install, which will pull all dependencies off
hackage, build them, and build your package, automatically. It's almost
there.

-- Don